Your cart is empty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I AM USING THE SPECIFIC BEAUTY REGIMEN FOR THE FIRST TIME. WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- The Specific Beauty® regimen is meant to be used as daily skin care to help even skin tone, smooth texture, brighten and restore radiance. It's clinically tested and recommended for all tones, but it was specifically formulated for all women of color.
- HOW QUICKLY CAN I EXPECT TO SEE RESULTS?
- You should start to see smoother, more even, and radiant skin within 14 days of using Specific Beauty. Within 4 weeks, you should notice even more visible results. The appearance of more stubborn dark marks may take longer, but they will continue to visibly improve with time and continued use of the regimen. Not seeing the results you want? Give us a call at
- DO YOU TEST ON ANIMALS?
- Specific Beauty does not believe in animal testing.
- DOES SPECIFIC BEAUTY CONTAIN HARSH CHEMICALS?
- At Specific Beauty we believe that what you don’t put in your product is as important as what you do put in it, and that’s why all of our formulas are fragrance-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, Lanolin-free and cruelty-free.
- WHAT CAUSES UNEVEN SKIN TONE?
- Melanin, the component responsible for our rich hues and complexions, is highly reactive and can over produce pigmentation with just the slighted stimulus. Melasma is a condition often caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy or from birth control pills. In some people, melasma occurs even without obvious changes in hormones. However, in all people with melasma, this condition is aggravated by sun exposure. Finally, people with multi-hued skin tones can simply get uneven skin tone with aging. This usually starts in the 30’s and 40’s. After years of research, Specific Beauty’s Live Even® Brighter Collection is a breakthrough system that was specifically formulated to deliver a more even-toned complexion and a brighter, more supple, youthful-looking radiance.
- DOES SPECIFIC BEAUTY OFFER BROAD SPECTRUM COVERAGE?
- Yes, Specific Beauty Active Radiance Day Moisture SPF 30 blocks both UVA and UVB rays from the sun. It has an SPF of 30 and should be worn daily. Don't forget, even dark complexions need SPF protection!
- CAN MEN USE SPECIFIC BEAUTY?
- Specific Beauty can be used by men as well as women. Razor bumps and the resulting patches of hyperpigmentation can be a major concern for all men, especially those with skin of color.
- DOES SUNSCREEN IN MAKEUP WORK?
- Many foundations and moisturizers offer a built in SPF, but that doesn’t mean your skin is safe. You may need seven times the normal amount of foundation and fourteen times the normal amount of powder to get the SPF listed on the bottle. Protect your skin by first applying an even coat of sunscreen before you apply any makeup. Then let the sun screen soak into the skin. Follow up with your normal makeup routine.
- WHY ARE GENTLE CLEANSERS IMPORTANT FOR DRY SENSITIVE SKIN?
- Dry skin should be addressed with both gentle cleansers and moisturizers. The first step is choosing a gentle cleanser that will not strip the skin of its natural oils. Specific Beauty Daily Gentle Cleanser is an ultra-gentle cleanser that does not contain harsh detergents.
- IS FRAGRANCE BAD FOR SENSITIVE SKIN?
- Many people are allergic to fragrance, so if you have sensitive skin, it is best to avoid fragrance, especially in skin care for the face. because this is the most sensitive skin on the body. All of the products in the Specific Beauty Live Even® Brighter Collection are fragrance-free and are an excellent choice for people sensitive to fragrances.
- SHOULD PARABENS BE AVOIDED IN PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN?
- Parabens are preservatives that are used in skin care products. Parabens can cause contact dermatitis which is an allergic reaction in the skin. People with sensitive skin should avoid parabens to lower the chance of a reaction to a skin care product.